The Bogus Excuse

So for those of you Pretty Girls that have been following the blog, you probably noticed the post about W was taken down. For certain reasons the tales of my dating escapades with W will have to come out a bit later. However, there is not a shortage of ridiculous tales in my life, especially when it comes to men. The most recent in fact is nothing short of a fairy tale.

About a month or so ago, a fellow PG and I were at the Ritz bar. (It's our version of the Cheer's bar). Now, the bar is a great place to people watch and you are almost guaranteed a hilarious story every time you leave there. Well, this one particular time was a little out of the ordinary in that it was completely ordinary.
My PG and I were sitting at the outside bar, when two gentlemen approached us. Normally, I get the ridiculous pick-up lines that you think only occur in terrible sitcoms not in actual life. For once, a man was smart enough to simply introduce himself in a respectable manner (handshake and name...I know I ask a lot from a guy). His name was Eric and his friend was James.

Eric recently moved to my city and had just bought an apartment at the Ritz. We discussed everything from wine to sports. While James and my friend REALLY hit it off, as in making out by the outdoor fire place. I, however, was politely keeping my distance and a friendly conversation but had no intention of anything happening with Eric since I was still with W. We had a great conversation and without realizing it had shut down the bar. We exchanged contact information on the basis of him being new to town and me knowing the  city very well. I pulled my friend off of James' lips and we all said our goodbyes.

The next morning, I received a text from Eric. It said that he really enjoyed meeting me and when he gets back from his business trip he would love to go out to dinner with me. Being a good girlfriend, I did not respond.

Weeks passed and things with W dissolved (as I am sure you have figured out by this point). One day I was going through my iPhone and deleting old text message conversations. I am one of those people that will have old messages from years ago, so I randomly decided to clean those out. I saw the text from Eric and figured 'Hey, why not come up with some bogus excuse as to why I didn't respond and see if he is still interested in taking me out'.

Bogus excuse text message: "Hey Eric. I'm so sorry for the late response. I didn't realize my text back didn't send. I hope you had a great time in SF! If you are still interested, I would love to have dinner with you."

Response: "Hi. I'll be back in blank city next week, let's absolutely have dinner. I'll call you when I'm back."

A week later my phone rang....

Comments

  1. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him here as +447053820826 or spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts