Puttin' on a show


Once the summer heat invaded my hometown last year, my best friend and I escaped to the Hamptons to relax. By relax I mean an endless amount of cocktails on a yacht in my floppy hat. Mimosas in the morning and champagne in the evening. The only downside was the lack of cell reception so I couldn’t check in to the “Atlantic Ocean” on Facebook.
My morning ritual while getting ready is pretty consistent, I always have music on. Jamming out to Britney in the a. m. usually starts off a great day. The longest part of getting ready is always choosing an outfit. I change my mind 5 or 6 times.
One morning, it was one of those mornings I felt as if I had nothing to wear. Even though the cabin's closet was flooding with clothes, nothing appealed to me.
I hate that feeling. Life would be so much easier if I knew exactly what I wanted to wear the moment I opened my closet door.
As I indecisively stood there in my underwear, “Hold It Against Me” started playing on my Ipod. So, of course, I started singing and dancing along. It’s pretty much a natural reaction if a Britney song comes on.
Little did I know I was putting on a live show for the yacht docked next to us. My friend walks back in and nonchalantly mentions, “ you know the guys next door are watching you”.
"umm...NOOO!!"
It felt like one of those slow motion scenes you would see on TV. I turn to see a decent looking group of guys standing on the deck. My first thought was, 'Thank god I’m at least wearing a cute bra and underwear!' My friend laughs at me and says, "I think now is a good time for a mimosa"
I found out later, the neighbors who watched my Britney performance were not just “guys” but in fact were a couple famous gofers.
I was embarrassed for about 2.5 seconds but got over it quickly or quickly drank the champagne to forget!

Comments

Popular Posts